Sunday, March 8, 2009

New Coach, New Team?

New head coaches have a tendency to rid themselves of the "baggage" from the previous administration.

Eric Mangini is no different. The Soldier is gone. Sean Jones is gone. The lockers that divided the locker room are gone. Hopefully so is losing.

All of those changes along with an endorsement for the AFC Championship from Colin Cowherd can give fans a cause for excitement. I might even pay for another season of NFL Sunday Ticket.

I don't think Mangini is done quite yet, though. I predict that Rogers will be out of Cleveland before the season begins. I like the fact that a guy can plug up the middle and get to the QB, but if we can get some value for him, do it. I would be happy with the Rogers/Quinn for Cutler/3rd round draft pick.

We would then have two Pro Bowl QB's on the roster and be able to draft another interior defensive lineman. That sounds good to me.

How 'bout you, Coach?

3 comments:

CKDC said...

I for one try not to rain on the parade. I think that Mangini and Kokinis deserve a legitimate chance to improve things in Cleveland. What I am upset about though are signings like Mosley. I heard Eric say twice now that he appreciates our desperate need for pass rush (given that I could have thrown a few touchdowns last year against the Browns). How does Mosley and his handful of sacks over the last few years address that? Bad move.

Anonymous said...

Sunday Ticket is a must. But, Go Packers.

Jerrytown said...

The Browns seem to be building through mediocrity. Apparently they have learned nothing from past regimes. If they wanted to get rid of everybody, I think they should try to get something other than hits on the salary cap for next season.