Monday, March 9, 2009

Browns Fan Also a Memphis Grizzlies Fan?

I think this is okay.

I am a Memphis Grizzlies fan.

I liked the team in Vancouver. I am from Memphis and I loved it when they came to town. I know this is a blog for the Browns, but sometimes I can't help it.

I love this quote from Michael Heisley, the owner of the team:

"If what I believe happens in three years, then people will say I'm a genius," Heisley said. "If it doesn't, they'll say I'm a fool."

I make a point to not trust people in these positions when they are commenting about their investments, but I think the Grizzlies are set up for some pretty good things. They have a young team with a lot of talent. They have good veteran leadership. By that I mean quality guys who are not getting in trouble or complaining about playing for a losing team.

I never have understood players who do that, complain about a losing team. You're part of it!

Anyway, they will most likely have to part ways with a few of the players I have become accustomed to, but that is nothing new with this team. I hope they can keep the core together and make some noise in the playoffs in a couple of seasons.

2 comments:

CKDC said...

You can have the Raptors too.

Jerrytown said...

The whole Vince Carter experiment threw me off the Raptors.